Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Font

I didn't think using a font can bring back so much memories. While photoshopping the previous photo, I decided to use the "Temple of the Dog" font which I've always associated with music. You see, that font is based on Jeff Ament's handwriting. Jeff being the bassist of Temple of the Dog and Pearl Jam. His handwriting was used in the Temple of the Dog album cover, on Pearl Jam shirts and in the sequence titles of the movie "Singles", my all time favorite movie.

Singles came out in the US in 1992, the year I graduated from high school. I remember watching and getting blown away by Pearl Jam's Evenflow video on MTV while in Seattle for a cousin's wedding. It sucks that I was in Seattle during the peak of the grunge era but never got to see any of the bands.

1992 reminds me of watching the Eraserheads for the first time as a Pisay senior with around 20 batchmates at our first UP fair. Their album Ultraelectromagneticpop wasn't released yet but you could feel that they would make it big. Incidentally, Ebe's band Cambio came from the ashes of the now defunct Erasherheads. Galing no, may connect. Hehehe.

Anyway, I think I'll be using that font more often :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home