Friday, October 29, 2004

Baseball

So the Red Sox won the World Series. I haven't watched any of the games, I just read about their amazing comeback against the Yankees and their sweep of the World Series on the net.

Baseball isn't really a popular sport here in basketball crazy Philippines. Although I learned the rules of the sport as a kid while playing it on Intellivision and although my cousins (who I learned last Sunday visit this blog) and I used to play baseball on the dried up rice fields of Taytay, Rizal, I never really liked watching the game. I just found it boring.

Well that changed 2 years ago when I watched a UAAP Baseball game at the Rizal Stadium. With just a few die hard spectators, the energy level was like that of a UAAP basketball game. I guess you need to be really rooting for a team to enjoy the game. Anyway, I'm excited that November is coming and the UAAP Baseball season will be starting soon. I hope that the University of the Philippines Baseball squad get to defend their crown. UP Fight!

I'm also excited to photograph the sport using my new lens as I can now zoom in closer to the action. Below is one of my favorite photos that I took last year. By the way, that La Salle guy was out.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

uyy.. sama niyo naman ako pag nanood kayo ng baseball.. sana linggo para pwede ako :D

ellyn

11:54 PM

 
Blogger karl said...

January pa daw start sabi ni Lolo.

3:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home