Monday, November 08, 2004

Funeral

Last week went like a blur. My uncle died just past midnight of Oct. 31. He died of a heart attack at the age of 45. He was able to drive himself with my tita to the hospital but he expired at the emergency room. I was devastated when I learned of the news since it was sudden and he was the uncle who was there whenever I (or any of my brothers and cousins for that matter) got into trouble.

I remember the time in college when I drove my then girlfriend to their house in Malolos, Bulacan and the car broke down at the Shell station just before the Malolos exit. I was a neophyte driver then and was only allowed to drive to and from UP so imagine my dad's surprise to learn that car found its way onto the expressway. To make a long story short, my uncle was the one who drove me back to Malolos to find a mechanic and was the one with me a few days later on a bus going to Malolos to get the car. A few years later, when he learned that we broke up, he ribbed me that we went through all that trouble for nothing.

I'll just link to the photo I took at the funeral. The lady in front is his sister and the lady next to her is my widowed aunt. Sigh.

8 Comments:

Blogger taytaybulls said...

Pare,

hindi mo nakwento yan sa eulogy mo ah! siguro hindi pa rin alam ng daddy mo na tinakas mo yung kotse papuntang bulacan hehe

2:57 PM

 
Blogger des said...

condolence po! kelan ba kita kausap sa ym? di mo man lang nabanggit, pero sabagay di naman ym conversation material ang topic na to... :hugging:

4:49 PM

 
Blogger karl said...

therocket,

photo mo dapat ilalagay ko pero mas madrama yung sa mommy mo e hehe

ate des,
salami, baka mapa-sigh lang ako sa YM nun hehe

2:09 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello guys, condolence pala. nways, pa link naman ng blog site ko sa site niyo hehehe. nd eko kasi alam kung san pwede mag post dito. nakakaaddict palang magblog at masaya. thanks.

www.xanga.com/nelwin

thanks,
nelwin

4:35 PM

 
Blogger wanderlust junkie said...

ey , my condolences to you and your family. Btwe, i can't help but notice how great the picture looks.

6:23 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

condolence.. *hugging*

- ellyn

1:31 AM

 
Blogger markku said...

Pre condolence. Sad nga talaga, especially at the age of 45, still a lifetime ahead of him and his family.

Oi text mo naman ako pag may gimik kayo. O pag may shoot. :)

2:32 AM

 
Blogger Veronica said...

hey lem,

condolence.
tinakas mo pala ang kotse ng erpats mo puntang bulacan...
yes, sigh...

v

7:28 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home